Frequently Asked Questions - Detail

What does it mean to "assign" or give up my rights to support?


When you "assign" your support rights to the state, you are authorizing the state to keep any child support that came due to you during the time you received the Family Independence Program grant. You will receive any child support paid that exceeds the amount of the grant that you received from the State of Michigan during that time.

Main FAQ / Section / Top of Page