Frequently Asked Questions - Detail

Can I get some of my child support payments and get Family Independence Program FIP cash assistance at the same time?


Yes. When a parent who owes you child support pays in the month it is due, the child support program sends you all of this money instead of sending it to the state. You can keep this money and your cash assistance. (See FAQ #2 for amounts) This type of child support payment is sometimes called a "pass-through", "client participation payment", or "CPP".

Main FAQ / Section / Top of Page