Frequently Asked Questions - Detail

I received a letter telling me I need to cooperate with child support, what does this mean?


If you received a letter informing you to provide information about the father or absent parent on your case, it means in order to keep receiving cash assistance you must start a child support case. The purpose of temporary cash assistance is to help the custodial parent when the non-custodial parent isn't paying child support. The letter you received provides instructions as to how to complete the information on MiChildSupport (e842 application) so that a Support Specialist can begin processing your case information.

Main FAQ / Section / Top of Page